But at least I have awesome friends here in the Midwest to celebrate with, especially since my family is all 2000 miles away. Here is all the schwag I ended up with (some of it I picked out myself with a giftcard I received).
- Wine glasses - I think more than anything, this certifies that I am officially an adult. I know, I know. I've technically been an adult for 10 years now, but I just don't think it counts if you don't have real wine glasses. No longer will I have to scramble for enough clean drinking glasses that look similar enough that they'll pass when someone brings wine to my house. Now I will just be able to open a cupboard and bring out these beautiful glasses.
- Cupcake carriers - As you can tell, I love baking. What I don't love, despite what my size might imply, is having a ridiculous amount of baked goods at my house, just tempting me with their deliciousness. Therefore, I love to give away what I bake but I am always struggling to transport them. It pains me to say that I have definitely lost cupcakes when they take a tumble from my baking sheet or when they decide they want to flip over in the backseat of my car. Thankfully, those days are over. I now have the power to transport 48 cupcakes with impunity; what will I do with this power?
- Kitchen torch - I don't think this one needs much explanation. Fire. Food. Is there anything that speaks more to our base animal instincts?
- Microplane - As with the wine glasses, it is kind of shocking I've never owned a microplane. I love citrus in basically everything and in the winter I love the smell and taste of fresh ground nutmeg. Yet, I always sort of dreaded dealing with both of these things because it involved a cheap box grater and a fear slicing open all my fingers while using it. Now, I think I see some sort of citrus creme brulee in my future.
- And finally, spanish chorizo - Because it is delicious.