Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coconut Creme Cupcake


Went a minute over, the top was starting to get a little crunchy, but still moist inside thankfully
So I needed a great cupcake to carry my ice creamy goodness. Wanted something that would be light, but really moist so that it could take being chilled for a little. Went with this recipe from epicurious because I thought the reduced coconut milk would keep it moist. It was the perfect consistency, stood up perfectly to the ice cream without being dense.

The ingredients. The reduced coconut cream is just 2 cans of coconut milk reduced down over medium heat for about 40 minutes till it is a little over a cups worth





Coconut milk reducing. Keep an eye on it because it can bubble up on your


I read about this method for baking with cold butter. Just smash it with something heavy. Worked really well  (I always forget to take out the butter beforehand)


Cream the butter


Sift the dry ingredients


Add the sugar

Then the eggs


Until it looks like this


Add half the flour


Then the coconut milk and remaining flour. Notice the creamy consistency

Fill your liner about 3/4 full


Stick them in a 350 oven


Halfway through baking


I think I should have taken them out shortly after this


Went a minute over, the top was starting to get a little crunchy, but still moist inside thankfully

No comments :

Post a Comment

#BigManLovesFood

Message from bigman

Welcome to my blog, where you can join me as I revel in my love of food. Eating it, cooking it, baking it, watching it on TV and even learning about it. If it has to do with food, I am probably interested.

Most Popular Posts