Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zucchini Salad

I wanted a really light side dish to go with the spicy enchiladas I made, so I went with this fresh salad I kind of threw together. Some raw radish and zucchini in a citrus vinaigrette, over some spinach. Follow the jump for more pictures.

Ready to eat
As with everything, the fresher your produce is, the better it will taste. You can basically use anything you think will taste good for this type of salad. I used a mandolin to have everything be as uniform as possible

Again, you can use any herbs you want. I went with some cilantro, parsley, and mint.

Once everything is prepped, make your vinaigrette and let it all meld together for at least 20 minutes. I used a ton of lemon juice, tiny bit of red wine vinegar and olive oil, and salt and pepper for mine.


No comments :

Post a Comment

#BigManLovesFood

Message from bigman

Welcome to my blog, where you can join me as I revel in my love of food. Eating it, cooking it, baking it, watching it on TV and even learning about it. If it has to do with food, I am probably interested.

Most Popular Posts