Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Strawberry Cake

Strawberry summer cake from Smitten Kitchen - This is one of the easiest dessert recipes I've made, tastes absolutely delicious, and will impress anyone you have over for dinner. Hit the jump for the step by step.


Start off with some beautiful strawberries



Butter you baking dish. A 10 inch pie plate or a 9 inch cake pan will work. I went with a 10 inch spring-form pan



Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy



Add the egg and milk



Slowly mix in the flour, but be careful not to overmix



Layer as many strawberries as you can on top of the batter (I went with a little over a pound)



Sprinkle a few tablespoons of sugar on top of the strawberries to help them break down as it bakes



This is what it looks like halfway through




This is right before it came out of the oven. Let it cool before taking it out of the pan



Ready to eat


Slice and enjoy

No comments :

Post a Comment

#BigManLovesFood

Message from bigman

Welcome to my blog, where you can join me as I revel in my love of food. Eating it, cooking it, baking it, watching it on TV and even learning about it. If it has to do with food, I am probably interested.

Most Popular Posts